Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Red Alert: I Feel Out Of Control!

 Where's the panic button?

How do I turn off the world for a while so I don't have to deal with so many issues at once? 

Who is in charge here? 

Oh... it's me.  I'm the parent.  I'm the one who has to figure this out.

Sadly, I am an imperfect vessel.  I don't know what to do.  I don't like how life throws so much crap around, and how I'm responsible for doing the right thing; which often means disciplining the right way because if I don't, my kids might be totally screwed up and it's my fault!

It's not just my kids though.... there just seems to have been an overwhelming wave of bad new lately - so many people dealing with bad stuff, family issues, sickness, and hurts. 

I was out for coffee with a friend the other day, and when she asked how I was doing, I said it was as though I'm stuck in the washing machine, on spin cycle.  Hopefully someone will come and get me soon, and hang me up to dry in the sun.

I'm left with only one option (besides crying and screaming into my pillow for a few minutes).  I have to take my own advice (that I blab on and on about, here on my blog) to pray and trust.

The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.  Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you. (Psalm 9:9,10)

Still hanging on.   I won't stop praying and believing and trusting.   And ya, it always feels better to blurt out all the junk.  Thanks for listening...

2 comments:

Sara L said...

I LOVE that you posted this. I'm sooooo there too. I feel a little burnt out from a busy homeschool year partly. But now that a lot of it has settled down, it's like I feel like we've lost our groove and I can't find it again! I've been purging the house, big time, which, when it's done, will really help. I decided to put all the toys away for the summer. I'm tired of picking up stuff all the time and having mess and clutter. I'm getting rid of some and just sorting toys into their groups and putting up others. We'll see how it goes! Maybe I'll feel sane again... it'd be nice!

RICK said...

So Great that you can be real with your feelings, this is real life, we all have our bad days even as belivers in god, just we have been led to belive some where along the line ,that if your a person of faith you shouldnt have any valley walks and life will allwes be wonderful.This is so not true,as most people that live in the real world fine out.Being real about life, helps people more and knowing that god will help us throught those rought times in life when they come.You are such a blessing to many.